DESKAN INSTITUTE & TRAINING Inc., was formed in 1989, and reorganized in 2003 as a non-profit organization with a strong history of service to the communities in Atlanta, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, South America and the Caribbean.
Our History In keeping with its overall aim, DESKAN INSTITUTE has continued to assist organizations to strengthen their capacity to provide services and to enhance the work environment with the objective of expanding the delivery of health education, health promotion and harm reduction to at-risk groups. It is important for us to come together as communities to celebrate humanity, compassion and understanding, and to exercise the power we all have to make a difference. We know that you can reach out to many others, but we are asking you to help us to continue to help others.
The goal of Deskan Institute and Training, Inc, is to provide youth and young adults with experiences that:
1. Encourage personal healthy lifestyles.
2. Encourage prevention efforts that will aid in the reduction of mother-to-child transmission of HIV virus and prevent new infections.
3. Engage community and international health interventions and interact with mentoring health professionals.
Deskan Institute will work with Professional Medical Associations and other Partners (Guyana/Atlanta) to enhance and expand effective Voluntary Counseling and Testing Services
Deskan Institute will develop a Peer-to-Peer rites of Passage Model Program. Develop a Violence Prevention Program for Immigrants and Refugees.
Accomplishments/Highlights for 2015 To-Date
1. Provided meals and clothing to more than 1600 Atlanta hungry and homeless individuals
2. Held workshops and information sessions on HIV/AIDS, HPV, Domestic Violence, Child Abuse and Rape.
Provided counseling services to over 300 individuals, including young adults, children and youths in the
Atlanta and DeKalb Communities.
3. Provided School supplies for 65 Homeless Children living at an Atlanta Shelter
4. Provided Breakfast and lunch for over three hundred (300) children in-need in DeKalb, Gwinnett,
Rockdale and Decatur
Sent  barrels of donated medical supplies, school supplies and children’s clothing to Guyana for
churches and schools,’ Regions 10, 2, and 4.
6. Provided Scholarships for 2 adults to continue their Nursing Training in Guyana: 1st Installment $40, 000
7. Provide stipend to help repair home for homeless family of four (4) in Guyana
8. Provided funds to purchase an Electric Saw to help in the Amerindian Community of Guyana. Lumber
9. Provided funds to help with transportation for second chance program in need of work.
10. Provided school supplies for children in needy in Atlanta.
Deskan’s Second Chance program made a difference for more than 10 individuals who benefited from this
program for this year.
Some of our Services